WHO ARE WE ?
Following the oil and gas discoveries made between 2014 and 2016, and in anticipation of production starting in 2022, the Senegalese government established the National Oil and Gas Institute (INPG) by a decree dated 27 December 2017, in order to develop national expertise and promote the employment of Senegalese men and women in the oil and gas sector.
INPG, a reference centre with a sub-regional vocation, is supported by international pedagogical expertise. The institute specializes Senegalese engineering and professional students in order to turn them into operational specialists by the end of their training.
The National Oil and Gas Institute's main missions are to :
- Establish a centre of excellence at the national and regional levels in the specialized training of engineers, technicians and operators in the oil and gas professions.
- Ensure capacity building of key players in the sector and sector-related activities in order to improve oil and gas resources management.
- Take charge of the information for administrations, the industry and technicians, as well as conducting educational and technological research in the oil and gas fields.
INPG is a state solution whose vocation is to become a centre of excellence at the national and regional levels in terms of specialized training in the oil and gas professions.
INPG Managing Director
WHAT DO WE DO ?
- The specialization of engineers, technicians and operators in the oil and gas trades;
- Capacity building for administrations, the industry and researchers on pedagogical knowledge and industrial techniques related to oil and gas;
- Support for pedagogical and technological research in the fields of oil and gas;
- Promotion of international cooperation and partnerships in the sector.