Following oil and gas discoveries made between 2014 and 2016, and in anticipation of production starting in 2022, the Senegalese State has established, by a decree dated December 27, 2017, the National Institute of Oil and Gas (INPG), to develop national expertise and promote the employment of Senegalese men and women in the oil and gas sectors.
INPG, a center of reference with a sub-regional vocation, is supported by international pedagogical expertise. The institute specializes senegalese engineering and professional students to make them operational specialists after the conclusion of training.
The main missions of the National Institute of Oil and Gas are :
- To constitute a center of excellence at the national and regional levels for specialized training of engineers, technicians and operators in the oil and gas professions.
- To strengthen the capacity of actors in the sector and related activities to improve the management of oil and gas resources.
- To take charge of information for administrations, industry and technicians, as well as educational and technological research in the fields of oil and gas.
INPG is a state solution which vocation is to become a center of excellence at the national and regional levels offering specialized training in the oil and gas professions.
General Director INPG
WHAT WE DO ?
- Specialization of engineers, technicians and operators in the oil and gas professions;
- Capacity building of administrations, industry and researchers on pedagogical knowledge and industrial techniques related to oil and gas;
- Support for pedagogical and technological research in the fields of oil and gas;
- Promotion of international cooperation and partnership in the sector.